York Health Economics Consortium (YHEC) is a health economic consulting company formed in 1986 and wholly owned by the University of York. YHEC is the University of York’s main consultancy provider of health economics expertise.
YHEC has over 50 members of staff and our purpose is to provide national and international consultancy and research in health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) to the NHS and the pharmaceutical and health care industries (see more about our work with NICE here). YHEC’s service combines rigorous research standards with efficient project delivery.
YHEC also carries out work for a range of national and international clients outside the health sector, including local authorities and the voluntary sector.
YHEC staff includes economists, supported by other analytical disciplines necessary to respond to clients’ needs. YHEC is part of one of the largest and most active group of HEOR research departments in the world. It is, therefore, able to draw on the specific expertise of staff in related academic departments.
Although based in the UK, YHEC’s capabilities are global. We are a founding member of the Minerva health economics network, an international consortium of leaders in the field of health economics, health technology assessment (HTA) and outcomes research.
|YHEC holds the Investors in People standard and Strategic Leadership Team actively encouraging staff training and development.|
YHEC is located on the Science Park at the University of York campus, York, YO10 5NQ, United Kingdom.
YHEC’s Board of Directors currently includes:
- Prof Karen Bloor (Chair), Professor of Health Economics & Policy, University of York
- Mr Mike Farrar, Independent Management Consultant, Mike Farrar Consulting Ltd
- Prof Maria Goddard, Director, Centre for Health Economics, University of York
- Emma Latimer, Chief Officer, NHS Hull Clinical Commissioning Group
- Kirsten Major, Chief Executive, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Jeremy Lindley, Finance Director, University of York
- Andy Taylor, Advisor, Public Policy, Association of British Healthcare Industries (ABHI)
- Dr Sam Barrell, Chief Operating Officer,The Francis Crick Institute
- Matthew Taylor, Director, York Health Economics Consortium
- Louise Carr (Company Secretary), York Health Economics Consortium