YHEC undertakes reviews for NHS organisations for a variety of purposes:
- Systematic reviews to support health technology assessment (HTA):
- Systematic reviews of effects and safety
- Systematic reviews of cost-effectiveness studies or economic evaluations
- Systematic reviews of health state utilities and health-related quality of life (HRQOL) evidence
- Systematic reviews of resource use and costs
- Systematic reviews of other topics
- Scoping reviews to identify gaps in research and inform future research
- Burden of illness reviews to understand the epidemiological, clinical, economic and/or humanistic burden of a disease area
- Reviews (rapid reviews or systematic reviews) identify the evidence on other topics
In collaboration with our partners at Quantics Consulting, we also undertake indirect or mixed treatment comparisons, allowing effectiveness data to be generated to compare different treatments when head-to-head data are not available. Read more about our indirect or mixed treatment comparison services.
YHEC also has extensive experience of assessing the quality of both peer-reviewed publications and HTA submissions and we can appraise all aspects of systematic reviews and network meta-analyses (NMAs).
YHEC also prepares manuscripts and coordinates the preparation of manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals.